FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers.
Join the FXI team!
Maintenance Technician (11:00 pm- 7:30 am) - Auburn, IN
Basic Function: Analyze equipment and machinery malfunctions, determine appropriate maintenance procedures, and perform mechanical and minor electrical repairs on all production machinery, service equipment, building components, etc.
Primary Job Duties:
- Install machinery, equipment, and related systems in a workmanlike manner with minimum supervision and showing initiative in the solutions of routine minor problems arising in the course of a project.
- Use proficiently all hand and power tools, measuring instruments, diagnostic instruments in the performance of duties.
- Be familiar with machine shop equipment and be able to use with a reasonable level of skill.
- Read and accurately interpret hydraulic, electrical and mechanical prints and drawings.
- Use arc welder and oxygen-acetylene torch.
- Layout and construct jigs and fixtures for use in production operations.
- Maintain all machinery, equipment, building components, in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Be a participant on Plant's Emergency Response Team. Wear required PPE; including a respirator or SCBA for chemical cleanup.
- Install and maintain feeder and branch circuit wiring including single and three phase systems.
- Programmable Logic Controllers – hand wiring and ability to write and modify programs.
- Layout and install rigid and EMT, IMC, conduit systems for feeder and branch circuit wiring in accordance with National Electrical Code and approved practices.
- Know the requirements and interpretations of the National Electrical Code and maintain the ability to apply the knowledge.
- Have thorough knowledge of electronic devices, i.e. electronic flow meters, encoders, servo motors, sensors, photo eyes, etc.
- Monitor and maintain plant service equipment consisting of air conditioning and heating systems, hot and chilled water circulation systems, chiller, cooling tower, boiler, feed water system, water softening system, air compressors, etc.
- Knowledge of PLC – hard wiring and knowledge of how programs work.
- Through training, must qualify for 24 hour Hazmat Team.
- Work with high voltages and around moving equipment.
- Lift 60 lbs. from floor, bend, twist, climb, crawl and able to work at heights.
- Communicate in English.
- Attention to details and good math skills required.
- Pass post offer drug screen and physical.
- Must have minimum 4 years experience as a maintenance millwright and electrician
- Previous Manufacturing Experience Preferred
- Journeyman Card preferred
- Must have High School diploma, GED required
- Two year Technical Degree preferred
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
Join an industry leader and innovator.
FXI is an EEO employer.