FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Join the FXI team as we take foam into the future!
VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Vision: Building our Future Together
Mission: Providing Tailored Solutions that Delight Our Customers and Consumers
Responsible for the design, installation, and startup of a wide variety of projects at FXI plant locations. Project size can vary widely from $20K to $1MM. Work with and direct the activities of outside contractors and local plant resources to complete projects on time and on budget. Job focus is primarily mechanical but could also be combined with electrical skills depending on qualifications of the incumbent. Position is based at any FXI facility
Expect that there will be at least 60-80% travel to other FXI locations in the US or Mexico.
Specific job duties:
- Provides engineering expertise to FXI plants and other corporate engineering team members in the design, cost estimation, installation, and start up of a wide variety of both existing equipment upgrades and new projects that are intended to improve manufacturing operations, quality, safety, and reduce costs of production.
- Plans the scope of the project in terms of funding required, time needed for completion, and resources required.
- Designs equipment to produce new products or increase efficiency in existing operations.
- Creates needed documentation for preparation of CER’s to obtain funding for projects. Track spending against approved project budgets to make sure that costs are controlled and monitored.
- Interacts with numerous equipment vendors and service contractors to accomplish projects.
- Manages the installation and start up of projects in conjunction with local plant engineering resources.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering/ Controls Engineering preferred.
- Experience in design, installation, and start up of capital projects and equipment upgrades.
- Equipment and process design experience coupled with proven project management skills.
- Strong computer literacy with MS Office and MS Project.
- Proven ability to design using AutoCAD.
- Basic understanding of PLC functioning and use.
- Ability to apply analytical skills in process troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Experience with chemical handling systems and/or power transmission equipment is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed in the US and Mexico. Travel could be up to 60-80% of the time and could involve weekends at times. Must be able to work in Mexico with appropriate documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to interface with personnel from various departments, levels and cultures.
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with SAP as it relates to project management documentation and tracking is a definite plus.
- Minimum of 5 years in an industrial environment with project design, project management, and installation responsibilities.
- Prior experience managing and executing equipment projects in a manufacturing environment, preferably in heavy industry or chemical processing.
- Familiarity with fluid handling equipment, including pumps, heat exchangers, controls and power transmission equipment, is desirable.
- PMP Certification and/or other formal project management training desired.
- Must be proficient with computers and typical applications including Excel, Project and AutoCAD.
- Must be self-directed, be task oriented and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess planning/organization, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to positively interact with others in a team environment.
- 60-80% travel is required.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer