Foam is everywhere. It’s in our homes, our cars and our places of work. It’s in the products we use every day, the factories that make them – and in many places most people would never imagine. And everywhere foam goes, FXI innovations lead the way.
FXI is a leading producer of foam innovation for the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets. Our products include finished goods, sub-assemblies, services and raw materials for OEMs, fabricators and retailers. You will find FXI's foam innovations inside, around and under yourself in countless applications. We protect automobile passengers on the highway and fragile electronic components in shipment. We help consumers sleep sounder and furniture manufacturers create comfort. We provide for sharper images in digital printers and copiers and help consumers keep their homes clean. We provide critical components for filters, dispensers, gaskets and seals in everything from blood oxygenators to computer disk drives. To discover where FXI really shines, bring your wish list to our design and technical teams and imagine the possibilities in foam innovation.
VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Vision: Building our Future Together
Mission: Providing Tailored Solutions that Delight Our Customers and Consumers
Reporting to the Manufacturing Vice-President, plan, direct, and coordinate the operations of assigned FXI Operations Facility. The Plant Manager will be responsible for all plant operations and maintenance. Assure compliance with all government and company policies and procedures. The Plant Manager will also be responsible for facility production goals and objectives. Following FXI’s Vision, Mission and Values, develop a well-trained and motivated staff with emphasis on plant safety and employee engagement.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate plant operations in strict compliance with all state and federal laws, regulations, corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible for achieving all facility business goals including, but not limited to, the areas of safety, quality, production, and reliability.
- Establish and maintain a positive community relationship.
- Establish and maintain a positive, cooperative working relationship with employees.
- Develop and foster a well-trained and motivated staff. Assess current skill sets and align with plant future growth and vision.
- Develop and foster high performance team environment assuring manufacturing excellence across all the functions.
- Responsible for strict adherence to the quality and product control systems for the plant.
- Ensures that all plant assets are properly managed, safeguarded, and secure.
- Develop and insure management systems are in place to monitor plant output, cuts / yields and scrap to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiates corrective action as required.
- Lead organization to develop and follow plant metrics enabling the organization to efficiently monitor progress towards attaining site objectives and continuous improvement.
- Foster positive customer interactions and relationships through high service levels and on time delivery.
- Responsibility for plant P&Ls.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- BS Degree required; Engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of manufacturing experience including a minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience.
- A high energy “Change Agent”.
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills and track record of continuous improvement in all manufacturing core competencies including safety, quality, productivity, reliability and facility planning.
- Experience in business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of progressive management and manufacturing tools (LEAN, Six Sigma, High Performance Teamwork, and Quality Systems);
- Knowledge of raw material handling, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of products and services.
- Minimum of three (3) years managing a non-union manufacturing facility.
- Minimum 2 years experience in using SAP required.
Desirable Traits & Skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and leadership skills with the ability to lead a team motivate the group and manage a diverse workforce.
- Highly entrepreneurial and eager to drive programs through to completion. Able to deal with pressures and timelines inherent in a fast paced company.
- Must be achievement oriented with a willingness to do “whatever it takes”.
- Ability to quickly assess the situation at the plant and have an impact on the direction of improvements.
- Ability to function as a strong leader, bringing the Operations perspective while promoting cross-functional horizontal alignment to achieve key company goals.
- Hands on leader who contributes to overall business strategy and issues, works well as part of the leadership team and is focused upon achieving results.
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to set measurable goals and expectations and hold team members accountable for results.
- Must be a team player and coach who will promote cooperation among employees in the organization and an environment of employee engagement.
- Possess the poise, confidence and presence to be able to deal effectively with external customers, vendors, and all levels within the organization.
- Strong, self-confident, decisive leader with excellent listening skills, emotional maturity and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer