FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Join the FXI team!
VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Vision: Building our Future Together
Mission: Providing Tailored Solutions that Delight Our Customers and Consumers
Maintenance Technician - Kent, WA
- Maintain and troubleshoot all Machine and process systems, electrical and mechanical
- Performs routine maintenance of systems based on machine PM requirements.
- Maintains an accurate record of all PM activities
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, Lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot PLCs and relay ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motors, starters, relays, Safety switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, DC drives and AC VFDs, tachometers, encoders, contractors, heating elements, flow meters
- Knowledge of PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read and use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
- Maintain Electrical & Controls Engineering specifications and procedures and compliance to established company standards and regulatory codes.
- Perform reviews of existing equipment and system to propose upgrades and replacements, and present findings and recommendations to operations and leadership.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to determine the root causes of equipment/operational issues to resolve quality and/or productivity issues.
- Identify and implement solutions to solve operational problems on equipment in support of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Capable of researching and ordering equipment, components, and materials for plant projects
- Available for emergency repairs after hours.
- Knowledge of PLC's; wiring and programming experience.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Must qualify for 24 hour Hazmat Technician.
- Work with high voltages and around moving equipment.
- Lift 50 lbs from floor, bend, twist, climb, crawl.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Attention to detail and good math skills required.
- Pass post offer drug screen and physical.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer