FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Join the FXI team!
POUR LINE ENGINEER – Auburn, IN
To work with the foam pouring team at a plant to ensure that safety, production, and quality standards are met, and to provide analytical support for process improvements. The person in this developmental role is capable of becoming a Technical Manager with experience and training and must be willing to relocate to a new pouring plant location for growth and/or a promotional opportunity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Insure that safety is the number one priority in all pourline activities and that all safety procedures are followed by all members of the pourline team. Oversee EH&S activities for the pouring department.
- Monitor daily foam production and supervise the pour line hourly workforce as part of the training process. Adjust formulas as needed to maintain product within specifications. In this role, the incumbent must be fully capable of managing the line in the absence of the Technical or Pour Line Manager.
- Participate, along with the Technical Manager or Pourline Manager, in all pour line HR related activities such as appraisals and disciplinary activities
- As part of the pour line team, conduct trials to develop new and improved manufacturing processes and foam formulations
- Provide analytical expertise for process improvements and SPC/SQC.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and solve process issues.
- Direct/facilitate continuous improvement teams and training
- Oversee inventory control and ordering of chemicals/raw materials.
- Be fully capable of handling all pour line functions in SAP
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Task oriented individual able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- SPC/SQC and RCA (Root Cause Analysis) experience
- Successful candidate will be expected to complete a 40 hr HAZWOPER training to understand proper procedures for safe handling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Must possess planning/organization, analytical and strong problem solving skills
- Basic mechanical and electrical aptitude to facilitate troubleshooting foam making problems. Previous foam production experience is a plus
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Minitab proficiency is a plus.
- Experience using SAP or similar ERP system is a definite plus.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-directed and able to lead/facilitate diverse work teams
- Ability to positively interact with others in the plant in a team environment
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer