FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Join the FXI team!
VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Vision: Building our Future Together
Mission: Providing Tailored Solutions that Delight Our Customers and Consumers
The Master Scheduler will be responsible for managing, coordinating and administering the production scheduling process, incorporating several inputs into an aggregated plant production schedule daily. Will work with Sales and Operations Team to develop and manage forecast for long range material planning while considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity, while serving as a resource to achieve the plant objectives in safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, and customer service.
Specific job duties:
- Drive, promote and develop positive communication with customer service to improve, plan and, coordinate and deliver material as requested.
- Coordinate commercial and marketing strategies with Pourline schedule to maximize business objectives.
- Develop and maintain forecast and master schedule plan based on history, seasonality and sales opportunities.
- Forecast labor requirements and work with production team to level load requirements into daily schedule that ties directly to demand.
- Manage and release orders to operations team effectively to meet daily demand.
- Develop valid, feasible production schedules for finished goods and components items based on equipment, labor and raw material availability.
- Review material shortages, stock outs, and safety stock levels while working with Purchasing and Manufacturing to meet customer requirements. Propose changes when needed, assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
- Determine available capacity before planned orders are released.
- Support new product development through cooperative scheduling of model introductions, end of life and prototype processing.
- Plan, develop, and administer inventory procedures by department on day to day basis while facilitating monthly and yearly cycle count and full physical inventory processing requirements.
- Analyze inventory levels and plan safety stocks that will ensure product availability while maximizing inventory turns and minimizing inventory costs.
- Manage bun inventory to ensure foam availability to all departments.
- Develop studies and procedures to increase overall plant yields and manufacturing efficiencies, participating as key team member on plant operational excellence teams.
- Produce metrics and Key Process Indicators (KPI’s) as required by the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing.
- May work on special projects/assignments upon request.
- Proven experience with complex planning, forecasting and product lifecycle programs utilizing tools such as MRP, ERP, EDI, Inventory analysis, etc.
- Change Agent-skill with enabling change, strong influencing abilities particularly with frontline teams.
- Proven people skills required, must have ability to work with others while effectively handling internal pressures.
- Have the ability to prepare and effectively present information in one-on-one, small, and large group situations to customers, employees, and other associates within the organization.
- Bachelor of Science degree in appropriate discipline preferred and/or a minimum 3-7 years experience in scheduling position with extensive demonstrated success of implementing and operationalizing master schedules in a supply chain role.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (Import and Export Data, Pivot Table, etc.)
- Ability to program software to import and export data.
- Ability to effectively manipulate data to produce reports, charts and graphs.
- Ability to create database collection systems.
- SAP experience required
- American Production Inventory Control Society-(APICS) certified preferred.
- Lean or Green Belt Six Sigma certification a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer