FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Join the FXI team!
Maintenance Supervisor - Kent, WA
The Maintenance Supervisor reports to Plant Manager and directly supervises maintenance employees to ensure the effective delivery of maintenance services and support to production in a 24-hour 5-day per week operation. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating weekly CI Meetings, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems.
This person will be responsible to maintain high efficiency and maintenance on our equipment such as electrical saw, CNC machines, cutting and compressing equipment, packaging machine, building facilities and others.
This person is also responsible to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all Company Safe Work Processes.
- Incumbent will work to make sure -team works following the safety rules so people and assets are safe.
- Responsible for implementing and following Preventive Maintenance programs to ensure production systems, utilities, and grounds and always in good working condition.
- Will provide assistance to - team in troubleshooting machines / systems in problems.
- Collaborates with facility management to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Supervises both the maintenance and capital projects for the site.
- Utilizes SAP software system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Implements corrective actions identified by production and maintenance team to maintain overall equipment effectiveness.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- Provides for the management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Will work with suppliers for quoting, contracting services and performing activities in the facility
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of maintenance experience in manufacturing / industrial plants.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as maintenance supervisor
- Must demonstrate technical knowledge in mechanical or electrical areas.
- Capable of troubleshooting in machines or systems.
- Must be able to read drawings, prints and understand technical specifications.
- Experience in quoting / purchasing components and services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge on implementing Preventive Maintenance programs/initiatives
- Capable to define a working schedule for assigned associates
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develops, engage, and retain a team of employees.
- Must have be well organized and have a sense of urgency
- Experience using SAP in a same or similar role
- Bachelors or Associates degree in industrial disciplines
- PLC programming experience
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer