FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Join the FXI team!
This position is a strategic business partner reporting directly to the Regional Director, HR with dotted line responsibility to Plant Management. This position will be responsible for leading the HR role for the facility by developing, promoting, implementing, managing and maintaining effective HR policies, programs, procedures, and practices.
VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Vision: Building our Future Together
Mission: Providing Tailored Solutions that Delight Our Customers and Consumers
HR Coordinator - East Rutherford, NJ
SUMMARY: Partner with the Management team to accomplish company goals. Administers and coordinates Human Resources support services through the maintenance of records, policies and procedures. Supports benefits administration and maintains the company HRIS system. Compile and maintain personnel records, and support Associate relations for the location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing, assessing, and in the selection of employees to fill vacant salaried/hourly positions.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation.
- Keep records of benefit plan participation, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting. Maintain all personnel records and associated recordkeeping.
- Document, track and record completed training and offers training set up support to management.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assist in administering performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Assist in the administration of personnel actions, benefits programs.
- Assist with accident reporting and recordkeeping, employee coordination, and contacts with the Worker’s Compensation insurance carrier.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews
- Perform the payroll/time and attendance review and approval process
- Identify resolve problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Maintain ISO records for all job descriptions and training records.
- Follow all applicable safety/housekeeping guidelines
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Bachelors Degree required (HR Management or Business preferred)
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing HR Generalist experience in a union environment
- Recruitment expertise for technical/production/professional positions
- Demonstrated success in all functional HR areas
- PHR / SPHR designation a plus
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
- Must be self-directed and able to multi-task successfully
- Ability to positively interact in a team environment
- Minimal travel required
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer