FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Join the FXI team!
VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Vision: Building our Future Together
Mission: Providing Tailored Solutions that Delight Our Customers and Consumers
Maintenance Supervisor – Fort Wayne, IN
- Collaborates with facility management to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Supervises both the maintenance and capital projects for the site.
- Utilizes mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain production systems, utilities, and grounds.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system (SAP) to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create overall equipment effectiveness.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- Provides for the management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, a minimum of 6 years plant maintenance supervisory experience required.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Knowledge of PLC's; wiring and programming experience.
- Knowledge of electrical infrastructure including electrical drives
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies
- Ability to follow all Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
- Experience working in a union environment beneficial.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens including drug and background check.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer