FXI has one of the largest and most diverse foam manufacturing and distribution networks in the industry. Our technology traces back to the very beginnings of the polyurethane foam manufacturing industry in the 1950s. From that springboard, we are pioneering ever greater innovations and applications for our amazing material.
Our products are inside, around and under thousands of products that you use every day. As a leading Innovator and Strategic Player in the Home, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Personal Care and Transportation Markets, we offer a challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment.
We have built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Join the FXI team!
VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Vision: Building our Future Together
Mission: Providing Tailored Solutions that Delight Our Customers and Consumers
Instrument Electronics Technician - Cornelius NC
- Repair, troubleshoot, and maintain all plant electrical power systems (up to and including 480 VAC) and electronic operating equipment. This includes but is not limited to electrical power systems and machinery as listed: fabrication machines, the VPF machine, material handling equipment, and utilities such as air compressors, steam boiler, hydraulics, fire protection system, etc. to meet production needs.
- Perform machine visual inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Maintain maintenance records on machinery.
- Must be able to check parts inventory, specify parts as needed, and order parts if necessary.
- Test, calibrate, and/or rebuild, instrumentation such as: programable logic controllers (PLC's), automated control valves and switches, temperature and pressure control devices, quality control / production monitoring electronic devices.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and electrical/electronic drawings.
- Must be able to (or capable of learning to) operate saws and production equipment, welder, drills, cutting torches, volt-ohm meters.
- Must be able to program (or capable of learning to program within a reasonable amount of time) PLC's.
- Must be respirator certified or can be certified within 3 months of hire.
- Job is extremely varied in the required physical activities. Lifting involves using hand tools, assembling/disassembling equipment, carrying maintenance parts, etc.
- Follow appropriate SOP/QCP's and safety procedures
- Assist in plant layout planning and design for new equipment installation.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Operate equipment to check for proper operation.
- Perform tasks as required by Supervisor and Department Manager.
- Follow appropriate Safe Work Practices, safety glasses or goggles, hazard communications, lockout/tagout training, locks,forklift certification, respirator certification, filter and/or supplied air respirator, welding helmet or faceshield, cut resistant gloves, heat resistant gloves, electrician's gloves, steel or composite toed shoes, chemical resistant gloves, electrician's hard hat.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of manufacturing plant support experience
- Associates or other Technical Degree in I&E or related field (or 8 to 10 yrs related experience)
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer